Last Chance to Take the Tobacco Test at Phipps
To reward employees who don’t use tobacco, nicotine replacement
products or e-cigarettes, a voluntary tobacco testing process is now in
effect. The reward will be applied as a credit on employees’ biweekly
paychecks, effective January 2017. Don’t put it off, nonsmokers!
Friday, Oct. 28, is the last chance for employees who elect benefits
through medical plans offered by Johns Hopkins Medicine to take
the tobacco test at Phipps. The alternative is another Johns Hopkins location or a LabCorp location of your choosing. You can find testing locations and dates, and learn more about an eight-week smoking cessation class for employees on the East Baltimore campus at hopkinsmedicine.org/ human_resources/benefits/tobaccotesting.
Scholars Day: A
Celebrate the spirit of innovation, discovery and leadership that defines Johns Hopkins nursing. This year’s Scholars Day will feature
the unveiling of the new Professional Practice Model for nursing, presentation of nursing awards, research posters from our own Johns Hopkins Hospital nurses, and thought-provoking presentations and discussions throughout the day. You don’t have to be a nurse to attend. Scholars Day takes place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 2, in Turner Concourse. For more information, contact Jenni Day, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety in Numbers
Corporate Security reminds you how to stay safe as the days grow
• Call 410-955-5585 24/7 to report any suspicious activity or people,
or to request a security escort anywhere within campus boundaries.
• Walk or run in groups of two or more whenever possible.
• Stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
• Use the free shuttles around the East Baltimore campus, as well as to and from other Johns Hopkins campuses. For shuttle route information, go to http://bit.ly/2dTmEIo.
• For additional safety and crime prevention tips, please visit bit.ly/2dGdn3o.