I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
2020-21 Mandatory Flu Vaccination Program
Influenza, or the flu, is a serious respiratory illness that can affect children and adults, regardless of pre-existing health concerns. For the safety of our patients, trainees, staff, faculty, physicians and students, a mandatory flu vaccination policy is in effect across Johns Hopkins Medicine. it will be more important than ever for faculty, staff and students to receive a flu vaccination this year and as early in the season as possible to protect against respiratory virus.
This year’s flu vaccination campaign begins in September 2020. Under the Johns Hopkins Medicine Influenza Vaccination Policy, every staff and faculty member, resident, postdoctoral fellow, medical student and volunteer who works with patients or works in a patient care area or building must receive a flu vaccination.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine compliance deadline for all entities is Friday, Nov. 20, 2020
- The deadline to request a medical or religious exception by Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020
More Information by Entity
Get specific details about your organization's mandatory flu policy, where to get a flu shot, how to provide proof of vaccination and how to request an exemption.
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation and The Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital (visit CONNECT)
- Howard County General Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (check with your practice administrator)
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Suburban Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
For general questions about the mandatory flu campaign, contact the Johns Hopkins Medicine Vaccination and Influenza Prevention Steering Committee at hopkinsmedicine.org/mandatory_flu_vaccination/contact.html.