News & Events
Learn from top experts about the latest advancements in cancer care and research:
- Podcasts: Monthly updates in the Cancer News Review from Kimmel Cancer Center Director Bill Nelson
- E-newsletter: Kimmel Wire -- subscribe now to get updates on research and awards
Cancer Matters -- timely topics on cancer research and patient care
Our Cancer -- Laurie Singer Sievers blogs about cancer caregiving
- Videos: Follow the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center YouTube Channel
- Twitter: short updates on newsworthy items from Johns Hopkins
- Facebook: join our community to watch videos, get information on events and news
- News Releases: stay informed on the best of Johns Hopkins cancer research and news
- Magazines and Newsletters: read our bi-annual publication, Promise and Progress, which brings you in-depth topics on trends in research and patient care, plus other topic-oriented newsletters
Events & Highlights
1/23/19 - Johns Hopkins Cancer Health Community Outreach Takes Next Step with Appointment of Otis Brawley
Otis W. Brawley, M.D., an authority on cancer screening and prevention who served as chief medical and scientific officer for the American Cancer Society and director of the Georgia Cancer Center at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, has been named a Bloomberg Distinguished Professor at Johns Hopkins University. Brawley will lead a broad interdisciplinary research effort of cancer health disparities at JHU’s Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Caner Center, working to close racial, economic, and social disparities in the prevention, detection, and treatment of cancer in the United States and worldwide.
Cancer Update Email -- It's a Hoax!
View all News