I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Immunizations for Adolescents
EHP, Priority Partners, and USFHP. Adolescents 13 years of age during the Measurement Year.
Adolescents 13 years of age who had one-dose of meningococcal vaccine, one-dose tetanus, diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) and completed the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine series by their 13th birthday.
- 1 dose – Meningococcal conjugate or meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine on or between the member’s 11th and 13th birthdays.
- 1 dose – Tetanus, diphtheria toxoids vaccine, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) on or between the member’s 10th and 13th birthdays.
Combo 2 (includes above combo 1 immunizations plus the following):
- 2 dose series or 3 dose series of the HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccine with different dates of service between the members 9th and 13th birthdays.
Best Practice and Measure Tips
- Immunization must occur on or prior to the member’s 13th birthday.
- Document any parent refusal for immunizations, as well as anaphylactic reactions. This will not exclude the member from this measure.
- A note indicating the name of the specific antigen and the date of the immunization.
- A certificate of immunization prepared by an authorized health care provider or agency including the specific dates and types of immunizations administered.
- A note the "member is up to date" with all immunizations but does not list the dates and names of all immunizations.
- Meningococcal recombinant (serogroup B) (MenB) vaccines.
Required Exclusion: Hospice
- Any vaccine-Anaphylactic reaction to the vaccine or its components any time on or before the member's 13th birthday or with a date of service prior to October 1, 2011.
- Tdap-Encephalopathy anytime on or before the member's 13th birthday.
- Contraindicated adolescents may be excluded only if administrative data does not indicate that the contraindicated immunization was rendered.
- Meningococcal-serogroup A,C,W, and Y(1 dose)
- CPT: 90734
- CVX: 108, 114, 136, 147, 167
- Tdap (1 dose)
- CPT: 90715
- CVX: 115
- HPV (2 or 3 dose series)
- CPT: 90649 – 90651
- CVX: 62, 118, 137, 165