I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Chlamydia Screening in Women
EHP, Priority Partners, and USFHP. Female members 16-24 years of age.
Women who were identified as sexually active and had at least one chlamydia test in the measurement year. Report two age stratifications and a total rate:
- 16–20 years (Women)
- 21–24 years (Women)
- Total (Women)
Best Practice and Measure Tips
- Chlamydia screening may not be captured via claims if the service is performed and billed under prenatal and postpartum global billing.
- May be either a urine analysis or vaginal swab from the same ThinPrep used for the Pap smear. Samples must be sent to the lab vendor for analysis.
- Note should indicate the date the test was performed and the result or finding.
Required Exclusions: Hospice
Optional Exclusions: Any time during the measurement year:
- If a member qualified for the measure from a pregnancy test alone, they’ll be excluded if they have one of the following on the date of the pregnancy test or six days after the pregnancy test:
- A prescription for isotretinoin (Retinoid medications)
- An X-ray
- Chlamydia Screening Test
- CPT/CPT II 87110, 87270, 87320, 87490-92, 87810