I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jaw, Joint or Muscle Pain
1. Total Knee Replacement Research Study
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is conducting a research study to understand pain following knee surgery. For more information or to participate, please call 410-550-7902.
2. Do You Have Jaw Muscle Pain?
Researchers at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and University of Maryland Dental School are looking for female volunteers with TMJD pain to participate in a research study to investigate the effects of three different types of treatment on pain and sleep symptoms of TMJD.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a woman
- Are between 18-60 years of age
- Have experienced ongoing jaw pain for three months or more
- Have trouble sleeping
- Free TMJD diagnostic evaluation
- Interviews and questionnaires
- Sensory testing procedures
- Blood samples
- At-home sleep study
- Free non-medication pain management techniques for TMJD-related difficulties
The duration of the study is 20 weeks. Participants will earn $25 for the initial screening and up to $625 for the remainder of the study (parking reimbursement included).
For more information, please call 410-550-8099.
PI: Jennifer Haythornthwaite, Ph.D.
3. Investigational Pain Treatment
Addicted healthy volunteers are needed for a research study on an investigational pain treatment. Participants must:
- Be prescribed buprenorphine or Suboxone®
- Not be using other drugs
- Have stable chronic pain
- Be willing to stay overnight on a research unit at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Compensation is available up to $675.
Call 410-550-9494 for more information or to enroll.
PI: D. Andrew Tompkins, M.D.