I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Providers and researchers within the Division of Chemical Dependence focus on several areas of research, including:
- Criminal charges and outcomes of patients entering office-based buprenorphine maintenance therapy
- Initial program and treatment outcomes in a community-based buprenorphine program
- Twenty year follow-up of patient cohort with chemical dependence-Is hepatitis C infection a predictor of mortality (BEAD)
- Stability of buprenorphine, norbuprenorphine and their glucuronide conjugates in authentic human urine samples
- The Therapeutic Workplace: A smoking sessation intervention for low income adults
- Changing epidemiology of substance abuse medical morbidities
- Everly J, DeFulio A, Donlin W, Aklin W, Umbricht A, Fingerhood M, Bigelow. Depot Naltrexone Treatment in Unemployed Opiate-Dependent Adults G, Silverman K. Employment-Based Reinforcement of Adherence. Addiction 2011: pending publication.
- Rastegar DA, Bertram A, Sisson SD. Use of an internet-based curriculum to teach internal medicine residents about addiction. J Addict Med 2010;4:233-5.
- Gordon AJ, Kunins HV, Rastegar DA, Tetrault JM, Walley AY. Update in addiction medicine for the generalist. J Gen Intern Med 2011;26:77-82.
- Koffarnus M, Wong C, Diemer K, Needham M, Hampton J, Fingerhood M, Svikis D, Bigelow G, Silverman K. A Therapeutic Workplace for Chronically Unemployed Homeless Alcohol Dependent Adults. Alcohol and Alcoholism 2011: pending publication.
- Buresh, M. Treatment of Kratom Dependence With Buprenorphine-Naloxone Maintenance. J Addict Med. 2018 Jun 25 [Epub ahead of print].
- Graddy R, Buresh ME, Rastegar DA. New and Emerging Illicit Psychoactive Substances. Med Clin North Am. 2018 Jul;102(4):697-714.
- Buresh, M., Leite, L., Rios, N., Conley, A., Flys, T., Page, K.R. (2013) Feasibility of cell phone-based interventions to improve HIV services among foreign-born Latinos. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. 4:661-9.
- ASAM Annual Conference 2010, San Francisco, CA-Integration of Buprenorphine Treatment into HIV Primary Care (Workshop Faculty)
- SGIM Annual Meeting 2010, Minneapolis, MN- Update in Addiction Medicine for the Generalist
- ASAM 2011 Annual Medical-Scientific Conference, Washington, DC- Development and Evaluation of Addiction Training in Residency Training Programs
- 1st World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education 2011, Columbia, South Carolina. Hand-Carried Ultrasound Performed by Hospitalists: Does it Add to the Accuracy of the Cardiac Physical Examination.
- ASAM 2010 Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA- Symposium organizer -“Addiction in Women”
- NIDA CTN Regional Conference 2010-“Medication Treatments for Drug Dependence”
- Johns Hopkins Medicine- Current Topics in Geriatrics 2011- “Now a Problem amongst Seniors: Valuable Insight into HIV”
- ASAM 2011 Annual Conference, Washington, DC- Symposium organizer- “Prescription Drug Abuse”
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.