I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Angiography / Interventional Radiology
Our angiography suite utilizes the most up-to-date technology with the digital angio unit. This allows for less contrast and minimum radiation exposure to the patient and gives the best imaging possible.
Angiography or angio/ interventional radiology procedures take place in the department of imaging at Johns Hopkins Bayview using our angiographic suites. There is no risk from anesthesia and hospital stays are shorter than in the past.
Procedures performed at Medical Center include invasive and non-invasive studies such as:
- Angioplasty: dialation of vascular narrowing or bypassing obstructed vessels
- Stenting: to keep blocked vessels open
- Percutaneous Drainage: fluid removal and obstruction bypasses
- Percutaneous Biopsy: surgery-free method of removing tissue specimens
- Intravascular Therapy: clot irradication drugs, chemotherapy
- Diagnostic Studies: angiography, mylograms
- Neuroradiology Studies: carotid stenting, coiling intracranial aneurysms, gluing of AVMs
- Neurosurgery Service: pipeline stents and coiling
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 410-550-5731.
Angiography Faculty & Staff
Gerald Walters, PA
Sherry Thorpe, RN
Interventional Radiology Manager
Interventional Radiology Lead Technician
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.