I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Two residents are accepted every six months to participate in the Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Residency Program.
For Spring Positions
Application deadline: October 1
Interviews: October 15 to November 15
Expected start date for Position 1 is the first week of March.
Expected start date for Position 2 is the first week of April.
For Fall Positions
Application deadline: March 1
Interviews: March 15 to April 15
Expected start date for Position 1 is the first week of September.
Expected start date for Position 2 is the first week of October.
In order to be considered:
- All of your application materials must be received by the Department of Emergency Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview (address below) by the application deadline date.
- The Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) must be completed and passed 75 days prior to the expected start date.
We recommend sending your documents via a tracking and confirmation process with signature required. Please make sure you include the complete address as written below.
- Master's degree from an accredited physician assistant program
- Current NCCPA certification (PANCE passed and NCCPA certification at least 75 days prior to the expected program start date)
- Candidate information form
- Maryland state licensure/eligible
- Three letters of recommendation (if employed, one letter from current supervising attending physician; if in school, one letter from faculty member)
- GPA of 3.0 or better in PA school
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal interview
- Personal statement
- PA School Transcripts (sent to the address below)
- Application fee of $40 (Please make checks payable to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.)
- In addition to applying by mail, candidates also must complete the online application. Go to the Career Search Page and search for "Physician Assistant Resident - ED" to access the online application. Please note: The online application will not be posted until approximately four weeks before the application deadline.
- Application checklist
Please submit your CV, personal statement, candidate information form, letters of recommendation, application fee and transcripts to:
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Attn: Mary Masterson / Debbie Wilson
Department of Emergency Medicine
A1 East, Suite A-150
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center will accept PA residents without regard to race, religion, sex, age, handicap or country of national origin, and will not discriminate on those bases in the granting of access to any of its programs or activities.
If you're coming from out of town to interview for the residency position, a list of hotel accommodations in close proximity to the campus is available at www.hopkinsmedicine.org/patients/hotels.html.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.