Your child’s safety and well-being during his or her hospital stay is our utmost concern. We know working with you is the most effective way to reach that goal. Please note the following:
- Please feel free to ask questions concerning your child’s care.
- If you are worried about your child, please let your nurse know. Families know their children best and often see subtle signs of problems, often before symptoms appear.
- Please make sure your child wears his identification wrist band at all times. If it falls off, please notify your nurse.
- All of our staff wear badges, so feel free to question anyone not wearing a badge.
- Security Services offers escorts to any on-campus location 24/7. Please call 410-955-5585 for assistance.
- The best way to prevent infection is to wash your hands. Waterless soap dispensers are located throughout the hospital on every unit and in patient rooms.
- Because cell phones interfere with electronic medical equipment, please turn them off while in the hospital.
- Latex balloons cause latex allergies, so please bring only Mylar balloons into the hospital.
- Flowers are welcome except on intensive care and oncology units.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the hospital. Please use designated smoking areas.
Explore the Children's Center
Find A Pediatric Specialist
Search our experts by specialty, disease, or condition
Search The Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures