In This Section      
 

Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowships

Our pediatric ophthalmology fellowship program provides broad exposure to both medical and surgical treatment of pediatric eye conditions and adult strabismus. The Zanvyl Krieger Children’s Eye Center at the Wilmer Eye Institute is a tertiary referral center where clinical fellows enjoy well-rounded exposure to both the clinical and academic sides of pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus. We are privileged to have our pediatric and adult facilities combined in a unified, modern, and child-friendly center, providing excellent exposure to a wide variety of pediatric eye diseases as well as to strabismus in adults.

We have trained over 75 clinical fellows in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus since 1979. They have come from a wide cross-section of residency programs, both from the United States and abroad, and a few have come from private practice to start a new career. About 40 percent are now in private practice, with the other 60 percent in academic positions, including five professors and seven department chairs.

Explore the Children's Center

Find A Pediatric Specialist
Search our experts by specialty, disease, or condition
Health Information
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures