- Applicants are required to complete a three-year residency in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) pediatric residency program
- Applicants will have passed all components of the U.S. Medical Licensure Examination, including step 1, step 2 (clinical knowledge) and step 3 (clinical skills)
- The eligibility requirements for certification by the American Board of Pediatrics must be fulfilled (https://www.abp.org/become-certified/about-our-certifying-exams)
International applicants must also provide evidence of the following:
- Certification by the Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Information on ECFMG certification may be obtained at http://www.ecfmg.org/
- Must be eligible for J-1 ECFMG visa sponsorship for entire three-year period of fellowship
- Visit the Office of International Services at http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/intlsvcs/
We participate in Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and will accept applications and supporting material beginning in December. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted in early January. Interviews will be scheduled in January, February, March and early April.
We also participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicants must register with NRMP prior to interviewing. Two positions per year are available. Please visit the NRMP website for dates of registration.
Thank you for your interest in the program. For further inquiries, please contact:
Carmen Cuffari, M.D.
Fellowship Program Director
Fellowship Program Coordinator
Explore the Children's Center
Find A Pediatric Specialist
Search our experts by specialty, disease, or condition
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures