I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ferdinand Hui, M.D.
Associate Professor, Interventional Neuroradiology
Dr. Ferdinand K. Hui joined the Department of Radiology after 7 years at the Cleveland Clinic in the Cerebrovascular Center. Dr. Hui’s interests include the endovascular management of ruptured and unruptured cerebral aneurysms through minimally invasive techniques, an area in which he has published widely. He also has a strong interest in the use of vessel wall imaging to better assess management options for diverse cerebrovascular states including stroke, ischemia, intracranial stenoses and unruptured aneurysms.
Dr. Hui received his medical degree from the University of Virginia and completed basic surgical training at UCLA followed by diagnostic radiology at the Medical College of Virginia. He underwent further specialization in diagnostic neuroradiology and interventional neuroradiology at Emory University before joining the faculty of the Cleveland Clinic from 2008-2015.
Dr. Hui has published over 90 peer-reviewed scientific publications and book chapters on a wide range of topics and is heavily involved in transpacific scientific exchange and education in cerebrovascular disease, organizing and moderating conferences and dialogues. His areas of expertise include endovascular and combined endovascular/microsurgical treatment of aneurysms, flow diversion of intracranial aneurysms, dural fistulae of the brain and spine, endovascular treatment of arteriovenous malformations, cerebral vascular malformations, cerebral venous disease, acute ischemic stroke, intracranial atherosclerosis, and vessel wall imaging with high resolution MRI. His areas of interest in research include vessel wall imaging, cerebral aneurysms, acute ischemic stroke, dural fistulae and CSF pressure disorders.
Assistant Professor, Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology. The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. 2015-Present
Assistant Professor, Cerebrovascular Center, Cleveland Clinic, 2008-2015
Associate Program Director, Cleveland Clinic Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology, 2009-2015
Radiation Safety Officer, Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 2010-2015
Education and Training
Interventional Neuroradiology, Emory University
Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Emory University
Radiology Residency, Medical College of Virginia
Basic Surgical Training Program, UCLA
Medical Degree, University of Virginia
Undergraduate, University of Virginia
Selected Recent Publications
1. Spiotta, A. M., Chaudry, M. I., Hui, F. K., Turner, R. D., Kellogg, R. T., & Turk, A. S. (2015). Evolution of thrombectomy approaches and devices for acute stroke: a technical review. Journal of neurointerventional surgery, 7(1), 2-7.
2. Wang, C., Ching, E. C., & Hui, F. K. (2015). Aneurysm coil embolization: cost per volumetric filling analysis and strategy for cost reduction. Journal of neurointerventional surgery, neurintsurg-2015. Published Online, Pending Print Publication.
3. Man, S., Aoki, J., Hussain, M. S., Wisco, D., Tateishi, Y., Toth, G., Hui FK ... & Uchino, K. (2015). Predictors of Infarct Growth after Endovascular Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 24(2), 401-407.
4. Wong, A. I., Gao, S., Bain, M. D., Fitzsimons, B., & Hui, F. K. (2015). Physical characteristics of catheters used for subarachnoid drainage. Journal of neurointerventional surgery, neurintsurg-2015. Published Online, Pending Print Publication.
5. Hui, F. K., Bain, M., Obuchowski, N. A., Gordon, S., Spiotta, A. M., Moskowitz, S., ... & Hussain, S. (2015). Mycotic aneurysm detection rates with cerebral angiography in patients with infective endocarditis. Journal of neurointerventional surgery, 7(6), 449-452.
English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese