Our Johns Hopkins Interventional Radiology Center (IRC) team of interventionalists have dedicated their professional lives to providing advanced kidney disease therapies. Interventional radiology therapies can assist in allowing the kidneys to function better or assist in cancer treatments.
Kidney Disease: Why Choose Johns Hopkins?
- We offer highly specialized interventional services using state-of-the-art equipment in a compassionate, caring environment.
- Our minimally invasive image-guided treatments allow patients care with less risk, pain and recovery time.
- At Johns Hopkins, we commit to continuously advancing radiological services for kidney disease.
A nurse, physician assistant or medical affairs coordinator will work closely with your referring physician to coordinate your care and will provide instructions before your appointment.
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Nephrostomy, nephroureterostomy and urteteronephrostomy
- Ureteral stents
- Percutaneous access for stone retrieval
- Suprapubic drainage
- Chronic Kidney failure
- Kidney biopsy
- Chemotherapy dialysis access
- Fistula intervention
- Percutaneous disease access
- Kidney cancers
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) of kidney tumors and osteoid osteomas
- Radioembolization (Yttrium-90)