Take Your First Step
Contact our international medical concierge team and share your medical story by calling +1-410-502-7683 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time) or complete an online inquiry.
We will guide you through the rest of your journey to health:
Step 1: Request Your Appointment
Once your international medical concierge has received your request, they will contact you within one business day to gather the following information:
- Medical issue to be addressed
- Applicable medical records
- Records may include images (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, ultrasound)
- Physical pathology slides are required for oncology consultations.
- Medical records must be in English.
- Records and images may be uploaded here, faxed (+1-410-614-4107) or emailed to your medical concierge, or mailed to your concierge’s attention: Johns Hopkins Medicine International, 601 North Caroline Street, Suite 1080, Baltimore, MD 21287 USA
- Demographic information: gender, date of birth, ethnicity, etc.
- Mailing address
- Copy of passport
- Copy of insurance card
- We will verify your benefits at the time of appointment scheduling.
- Your preferred timeframe for appointment
- We will do our best to pair you with the best specialist for your needs within your preferred timeframe.
- United States-issued visa
- Please contact the U.S. consulate/embassy in your country to inquire about visa processing time and requirements.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International does not provide invitation letters; however, we will provide you with a confirmation letter if needed.
What to Expect Next
- We will review your records and triage them to the appropriate department.
- Additional records may be requested by the clinical department or medical provider.
- We will proceed to scheduling upon the approval of the department.
- Your medical concierge will schedule your appointment(s).
- If you wish to schedule medical appointments for a travel companion, please inform your medical concierge in advance, before finalizing your travel itinerary, so we can do our best to schedule appointments close together.
Step 2: Receive Confirmation and Cost Estimate
- You will receive a confirmation packet detailing your care plan, appointments and other important information related to your visit.
- You will receive a cost estimate for the expected services outlined in your care plan.
Step 3: Confirm Your Appointment
We will reach out to confirm your visit at least 10 days before your appointment. Payment is due in full prior to services rendered.
Patient Care Locations
To meet your complex and routine health care needs, Johns Hopkins Medicine has six academic and community hospitals, multiple suburban health care and surgery centers, over 40 primary and specialty care practices, home care services and more.
Learn more about our convenient locations throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Florida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is The Johns Hopkins Hospital?
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is located in Baltimore, Maryland, on the East Coast of the U.S. It is a 30-minute drive north of Baltimore-Washington International Airport and three hours south of New York City. View our patient care locations and get directions. The Johns Hopkins Hospital is near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor area, the heart of downtown, where you will find a unique blend of historic charm, cultural heritage and urban vitality. Called “Charm City,” Baltimore is a place that has something for everyone. Learn more about Baltimore.
What is Johns Hopkins Medicine International?
Johns Hopkins Medicine International serves as the global ambassador of the Johns Hopkins Medicine mission by providing personalized care for diverse populations and sustainable, innovative collaborations that raise the standard of health care around the world.
Does Johns Hopkins Medicine International provide personalized services?
Yes. We understand that each patient is unique. Our team provides services tailored to meet your specific personal and cultural expectations. Each year, we coordinate the highest quality health care for thousands of diverse patients from around the world, so we are experts at understanding and anticipating our patients’ needs. Our team is by your side to assist you during all phases of your care—customized to you.
What services does Johns Hopkins Medicine International provide to international patients?
From your first inquiry, you’ll be paired with an international medical concierge—an expert on Johns Hopkins who will match you with the most appropriate services for your medical needs and individual preferences. They will facilitate communication in your preferred language, assist you and your family with hotel and ground transportation, provide a detailed itinerary and more. Upon arrival, a carefully selected international care coordinator will serve as your primary point of contact, escorting you to medical appointments and guiding you through your day-to-day health care journey. Our patient experience team will help you understand what to expect and how to access a range of services, including international newspapers, specialty grocery stores, restaurants, shops, banks and more. Our primary goal is to blend your needs and cultural expectations seamlessly into a tailored experience that makes Johns Hopkins feel as close to home as possible.
How do I make an appointment?
Contact our international medical concierge team and share your medical story. We will guide you through the rest of your journey to health. To reach your medical concierge, call +1-410-502-7683 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time) or complete our secure online form.
A member of the team will help match you with the best specialists and most appropriate services.
Here is what to expect when you call:
- We will ask you about the medical issue(s) you want us to address. We also will ask that you send us your medical records in English, if applicable.
- Your preferred payment method (self-pay, insurance*, embassy).
- The approximate dates you are available for appointments.
- Your basic contact information (physical address, phone, email).
- Finally, any special needs you may have.
Does Johns Hopkins Medicine International assist with booking my accommodations and transportation?
Yes. Once your appointment at Johns Hopkins has been confirmed, your international medical concierge will assist you with any transportation and accommodations needs related to your visit. Learn more about how Johns Hopkins Medicine International makes your journey to Baltimore as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Does Johns Hopkins Medicine International provide financial and billing services?
Yes. Johns Hopkins Medicine International will prepare a cost estimate for the services you will receive. We will remain available should you have questions about your final bill. We will also help verify insurance or embassy coverage and more. For the latest information about our financial services, please see our Guide to International Patient Financial Services.
How can I access my medical records after the visit?
You can access your medical records through Johns Hopkins Medicine MyChart, a secure website that provides the most up-to-date medical information available to you about your Johns Hopkins care and connects you to your health care team. MyChart is available in English and Spanish. To learn more, visit Johns Hopkins Medicine MyChart. If you choose, your international care coordinator can also send your medical records to you and your referring physician. We can provide copies of X-rays and other films at an additional cost. Please make sure to sign the medical record release form and verify the mailing address and telephone number to which we should deliver your records. To meet patient confidentiality requirements, if you want copies of your medical reports after you return home you must contact your international care coordinator in writing.
Whom do I contact if I have additional questions?
For immediate assistance, please call +1-410-502-7683 Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Our international medical concierge team is here to answer your questions and guide you on your journey to health.