I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Clemenceau Medical Center
Clemenceau Medical Center is one of the top private hospitals in Lebanon. It opened in February 2006 in the heart of Beirut and is an ultra-modern facility designed to serve patients from Lebanon and the Middle East.
The 106-bed medical center has:
- Nine operating rooms
- 16 intensive care/critical care beds
- Four neonatal intensive care beds
- Intensive care unit
- Emergency department
- Same-day surgery unit
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging center
- Mother and child center
- Outpatient center
- Home case nursing services
- Centers of excellence in: cardiology/cardiothoracic surgery, ophthalmology, digestive diseases, hematology, minimally invasive surgery and colorectal surgery
Joint Commission International Accreditation
- 2009, 2012, 2015
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement signed in 2002, Johns Hopkins Medicine International has provided services including:
- Johns Hopkins faculty liaison (breast oncology, pathology, surgery, radiology)
- Preparation for Joint Commission International accreditation
- Review of hospital architectural design
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Infection control training
Future programs include:
- On-site educational symposia
- Comprehensive women’s clinic consulting
- Breast imaging center consulting
Points of Pride
- Hosted JHI Partners Forum 2011
- Medical Travel Quality Alliance's Top Ten Best Hospitals for Medical Tourists (2010)
- Hospital Build Middle East Awards: Highly Commended for Best Hospital Building Regulations & Best Sustainable Hospital Project (2010); Best Facilities Management Service Strategy Award & Best Sustainable Hospital Design Award; Highly Commended for Best Hospital Design & Best Interior Design (2009)
- Arab Health Awards: Highly Commended Seal of Distinction - Specialist Achievement Award - Information Technology (2009)
What Our Affiliate Says
“The affiliation with Johns Hopkins Medicine International will prove fruitful to our physicians, nurses, staff and especially to our patients. We want to deliver excellent health services to our people, and to give our local health professionals access to the best practices and latest advances in medicine. Johns Hopkins is considered the best in America and we definitely benefit from the knowledge exchange.”
— Dr. Mounes Kalaawi, chief executive officer, Clemenceau Medical Center