I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Sun Yat-sen University
Johns Hopkins Medicine International signed an agreement with Sun Yat-sen University and its affiliated hospitals in Guangzhou, China, March 2013 that helped lay the foundation for building a world-class clinical infrastructure in China.
Over the course of two years (2013-2015), the agreement served as a platform for exchanges among clinical and translational investigators, research professionals, and administrators.
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement, Johns Hopkins Medicine International and Sun Yat-sen University focused on:
- Developed and provided education and training programs for clinical investigators and research professionals.
- Had opportunities to consult in research infrastructure, operations, safety and governance.
- Established a competitive visiting fellowship program for promising Sun Yat-sen University investigators and junior faculty members.
- Provided seed grants for clinical and translational pilot projects that led to larger studies funded by industry or government sources in China and the U.S.
- Sun Yat-sen Universityprovided a research and population base that allowed Johns Hopkins faculty members to learn more about conditions that are less prevalent in North America.
Over the course of the two-year agreement, Johns Hopkins experts also traveled to Sun Yat-sen University to teach courses and lead workshops designed to strengthen development of investigators and research professionals. These experts also designed a competitive fellowship program at Johns Hopkins for promising Sun Yat-sen University investigators and junior faculty members, and provided strategic and technical advice on a wide range of issues, including research infrastructure, operations, safety and governance.
Finally, the agreement provided seed grants for collaborative clinical and translational pilot projects that have the potential to develop into larger studies funded by industry or government sources in China and the United States.