I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Update December 22, 2015
If you have any questions, please contact the JHM eIRB at email@example.com or 410-955-3008.
As part of scheduled updates, the following changes will be made in eIRB2:
- Section 13 – Recruitment Information, Q8 – If you select "Hopkins/Affiliates clinical databases or medical charts/records", you will be required to select least one option provided. If applicable, you will also only be able to select one option under "If applicable, provide the number of records/individuals you plan to review".
- The Protocol Event acknowledgment notification indicates "Approved" rather than "Acknowledged" in the subject line and the boilerplate language. This has been modified.
- Termination letters and withdrawn notifications will now include a link to the JHM IRB Organization Policy on Protocol Record Retention Requirements for Investigators.
- IRB compliance training data stored in the Learnshare Management System (myLearning) will be automatically fed into the eIRB database. A data feed has been established that will send compliance training completion data (Basic Human Subjects Research (HSR), Human Subjects Recertification for PIs and Study Team Members, Conflict of Interest and Commitment (COI), HIPAA For Research, Clinical Research Billing Orientation (CRBO) and Clinical Research Management System (CRMS)) from LMS to eIRB each day. Hopkins-affiliated investigators will no longer be required to upload their IRB compliance training certificates into the eIRB application unless training was taken outside of LMS (e.g., SPH or Homewood investigators who complete training directly at CITI). Non-Hopkins-affiliated investigators will still be required to upload copies of their HSR training certificates into the eIRB application.
- A revised eForm B (protocol template for Retrospective Reviews only) has been uploaded to the IRB website. A link to the revised form is also available in the eIRB application (Section 6 – Protocol Information, Q3) in the blue help link. Investigators will be required to use the revised eForm B template for applications submitted after January 15, 2016.
- 29 IRB applications were identified as 'Lapsed' but should have been 'Expired'. This has been corrected.
- The “Print-friendly” view for External IRB applications has been modified to only display the questions that are required for an External IRB application. Previously, all questions (whether they be required/shown or not) were appearing on the print-friendly view of the application.