Teaching is an essential part of the tri-partite mission of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Many Hopkins faculty members who teach regularly have noted they have never had formal training in teaching skills.
The IEE, in partnership with the Office of Faculty Development and the Johns Hopkins Faculty Development Program, is pleased to offer a half-day course on the Foundations of Teaching and Learning (FTL). This course is designed to cover the highest-yield teaching skills topics in a brief time. The course is designed for new faculty, faculty who may want a “refresher”, or faculty seeking additional skills. We believe that even expert, senior faculty will enjoy and benefit from the course.
This course will be offered several times a year and CME credit is available for faculty members.
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Course Content Includes:
- Completion of two online modules prior to attending the course:
1) Approaches to Teaching and Learning
2) Giving and Receiving Formative Feedback.
- Modules are hosted on IEE Improve Your Teaching Website
- Live Session which covers:
- Promoting a Positive Learning Environment
- Facilitating Learning in Small Groups
- Feedback and Coaching in Medical and Biomedical Education
- Presenting Effective and Interactive Lectures (optional)
- Clinical Teaching Techniques (optional)
Course Fee: $450 – eligible for use of tuition remission benefit. Complete the e-form at the end of the registration process to exercise the benefit.