I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
2018 Education Conference and Celebration Schedule
7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 - 8:15 a.m.
- Joseph Cofrancesco, Jr., MD, MPH, FACP, Director, Institute for Excellence in Education; Johns Hopkins Institute for Excellence in Education Associate Professor of Medicine, JHUSOM
- Paul B. Rothman, MD, Frances Watt Baker, M.D., and Lenox D. Baker Jr., M.D. Dean of the Medical Faculty, Vice President for Medicine of The Johns Hopkins University, and CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine, JHUSOM
- Roy C. Ziegelstein, MD, MACP, Sarah Miller Coulson and Frank L. Coulson, Jr., Professor of Medicine; Mary Wallace Stanton Professor of Education; Vice Dean for Education, JHUSOM
- Patricia M. Davidson, PhD, MEd, RN, FAAN, Dean, JHUSON
- Laura Morlock, PhD, Executive Vice Dean for Academic Affairs; Professor; Health Policy and Management, JHBSPH
8:15 - 8:30 a.m.
Faculty Education Scholar Update
8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
Small Grant Project Update
8:45 - 10:15 a.m.
10:15 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
11:00 - 11:45 p.m.
11:45 - 12:45 p.m.
Lunch, Networking and Table Talks
12:45 - 1:30 p.m.
Timothy B. Brigham, MDiv, PhD
Chief of Staff and Senior Vice President, Education
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
Topic: ACGME Focus on Physician Well-Being: Deepening our Commitment to Faculty, Learners, and Patients
Time: 12:45 to 1:30 p.m.
Venue: Armstrong Medical Education Building
Strauch Auditorium West
1600 McElderry Street
Baltimore, MD 21206
Dr. Timothy B. Brigham, MDiv, PhD, is Chief of Staff and Senior Vice President for Education at the ACGME. Dr. Brigham's responsibilities as head of the Department of Education include the ACGME Annual Educational Conference and the development of new educational programs for the ACGME and the graduate medical education community.
Prior to joining the ACGME in 2008, Dr. Brigham served since 1989 in several capacities at Jefferson Medical College, including as Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Continuing Medical Education and, most recently, as Senior Associate Dean for Organizational Development and Chief of Staff and Associate Professor of Medicine. Dr. Brigham has been involved in physician faculty development, resident education, and chief resident and program director development. He is widely sought after as a teacher, speaker, group facilitator, and consultant in a variety of areas, including resident stress and well-being; chief resident, program director, and chairperson leadership development; medical student, resident, and faculty teaching development; and group and team organizational development.
Dr. Brigham holds a PhD in psychological studies in education from Temple University, a Master’s degree in counseling and human relations from Villanova University, and a Master’s of Divinity from Palmer Theological Seminary.
1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
1) Science of Learning in Your Research
Rachel B. Levine, MD, MPH (Facilitator), Associate Dean for Faculty Educational Development; Associate Professor, Medicine; Co-Director, Faculty Development Program in Teaching Skills, JHBMC
Kristin M. Gagnier, PhD , Outreach and Evaluation Specialist and Assistant Research Scientist, Science of Learning Institute, JHU
2) Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses for Educational Research
Peggy Gross, MA, MLIS, AHIP, Public Health Informationist, Welch Medical Library, JHUSOM
Lori Rosman, MLS, AHIP, Public Health Informationist, Welch Medical Library, JHUSOM
Julie Nanavati, MLS, MA, Clinical Informationist, Welch Medical Library, JHUSOM
Clair Twose, MLIS, Associate Director, Research Services, Welch Medical Library, JHUSOM
3) An Interprofessional Model for Competency: Using Telepresence and Simulation for
Education - CANCELLED
Rita D'Aoust, PhD (Facilitator), Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning, JHUSON
3:00 - 4:50 p.m.
Educational Scholarship Shark Tank
Four finalists have been selected this year to present proposals to our panel of Education Scholarship Sharks, who may distribute $10,000. The best proposal may get it all, the money may be divided among projects, or it may not be given at all!
The selected Shark Tank proposals are:
- Ashwini Davison for "Training and Assessing Medical Students on Use of Electronic Handoff Tools Via HER Simulation"
- Brian Garibaldi and Michael Halstead for "Standardized Training to Evaluate the Unresponsive Patient for Osler Residents (STUPOR)"
- Krishnaj Gourab for "Software to Enhance Precision Bedside Learning"
- Gigi Liu for "Precision Education for Physical Diagnostic Skills: Performance Dashboard and Big Data Analytics to Personalize Learning"
4:50 - 5:00 p.m.
Conference Wrap Up