I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Johns Hopkins Division of Infectious Diseases operates a number of internationally recognized centers that further their innovative research and patient care. Our investigators also work collaboratively with other institutes and labs to conduct innovative research across disciplines.
The Division of Infectious Diseases works to prevent illness, disability and death caused by infectious diseases. In the past two decades, the HIV pandemic and its fellow travelers, tuberculosis, hepatitis C and STDs, have been our biggest challenges. Many areas of scientific interest range from basic laboratory research to conducting clinical trials. The division is actively developing effective vaccines and treatments to combat the spread of infectious diseases. Current research initiatives in our division include:
- Antibiotic Management and Resistance
- AIDS Clinical Trials Group
- Clinical Trials Evaluation Unit at Bayview
- Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
- Center for Clinical Global Health Education
- Center for Infection and Inflammation Imaging Research
- Center for Infectious Diseases and Long Term Care
- Center for Tuberculosis Research
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control
- Malaria Institute
- Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
- The Sherrilyn and Ken Fisher Center for Environmental Infectious Diseases
- Transplant and Oncology Infectious Diseases Program (TOID)
- Viral Hepatitis Center