The Tucker TOID Clinical Services are dedicated to the scholarship and spirit of Pamela C. Tucker, MD, who served as teacher and mentor, advocate and healer to patients with infectious diseases, particularly in the fields of transplant and oncology, before her untimely death in November 2000. The goal of this service is to provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care for medically immunocompromised patients at Johns Hopkins. The TOID program has full-time specialized physicians and a certified nurse practitioner.
Inpatient Clinical Services
Inpatient consultation requests or contacting of TOID fellows is done through the Johns Hopkins CORUS system.
The Tucker Service specifically covers people who are “medically- immunosuppressed” by virtue of having received severely immunosuppressive biological therapies, transplant, and/or treatment for cancer.
Tucker Blue Service
The Tucker Blue Service is a teaching service. Infectious Diseases Fellows consult and round on a daily basis with TOID physicians 7 days a week.
Tucker Red Service
The Tucker Red Service supports transplant and chemotherapy in-patients 52 weeks a year.
Outpatient Clinical Services
Weinberg Clinic for Transplant and Oncology Infectious Diseases
Drs. Seema Mehta and Maria Dioverti conduct outpatient clinics on Wednesday afternoons.
John G. Bartlett Specialty Practice
Drs. Seema Mehta, Maria Dioverti, Christine Durand and Robin Avery conduct outpatient clinics on the following days:
- Drs. Seema Mehta, Maria Dioverti – Monday Afternoons
- Dr. Maria Dioverti – Tuesday Mornings
- Drs. Christine Durand and Robin Avery – Friday Mornings
Rockland Physician Practice at Green Spring Station
Drs. Robin Avery, Shmuel Shoham, Christine Durand and Nitipong (Nate) Permpalung conduct outpatient clinics on the following days:
- Dr. Christine Durand – Monday Afternoons
- Drs. Robin Avery and Shmuel Shoham – Tuesday all day
- Dr. Nitipong (Nate) Permpalung – Tuesday Afternoons
- Dr. Nitipong (Nate) Permpalung – Wednesday Afternoons
Fax numbers for Doctors
- Drs. Avery, Shoham and Durand: 410-614-8518
- Drs. Mehta, Dioverti, and Permpalung: 410-955-0755