I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ordering a Test and Sending Specimens
- The immunogenetics tests may be ordered through provider order entry (POE) or by completing a requisition.
- Please follow the chart below to determine the correct specimen needed.
Test Name Specimen Requirements HLA Type I Typing (ABC) 1 Yellow Top (ACD) Tube HLA Type II Typing (DR, DQ, DRw) 1 Yellow Top (ACD) Tube Class I High Resolution DNA Typing (A,B,C) 1 Yellow Top (ACD) Tube Class II High Resolution DNA Typing (DR, DQ) 1 Yellow Top (ACD) Tube HLA Antibody Screen/ID, Class I 1 Red Top Tube HLA Antibody Screen/ID, Class II 1 Red Top Tube T and B Cell Crossmatch 4 Yellow Top and 1 Red Top Tube Flow Cytometric Crossmatch 4 Yellow Top and 1 Red Top Tube Endothelial Cell Crossmatch 4 Yellow Top and 1 Red Top Tube Anti-Angiotensin Receptor 1 Antibody 1 Red Top Tube HLA B-Cell Quantification 4 Yellow Top Tubes
- Specimens should be labeled with the name, date and unique identifier.
- Specimens from the Johns Hopkins Hospital East Baltimore Campus may be sent to the Johns Hopkins Core Laboratory or delivered to the Immunogenetics Laboratory.
- Specimens from outside the Johns Hopkins Hospital East Baltimore Campus must follow these shipping instructions.
- Please contact the Immunogenetics Laboratory (410-955-3600) for additional information.