I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Employee Referral Program
Current employees who help find qualified candidates for certain positions could earn a cash bonus of up to $5,000. Just submit the Employee Referral Form to Career Services prior to the candidate’s interview.
- General positions eligible for a $2,000 bonus
- IT positions eligible for a $2,500 or 5,000 bonus
Bonus payout guidelines:
- Temporary and regular employees of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System are eligible to receive a bonus (except HR employees and VPs).
- Referring staff working in a teaching capacity are not eligible.
- You must submit the Employee Referral Form to Career Services before or at the time of the applicant's interview.
- Bonuses are paid from the hiring department's budget
- The bonus pay occurs once the new hire has successfully completed their probationary period.
- Both the new employee and referring employee must be employed here at the time of payout.
- If two employees refer the same candidate, the first referral form received in Career Services is eligible for the program.
- Supervisors/Managers/Directors/HR Employees are not eligible as recruitment of qualified candidates is part of the job.
You will be eligible for a bonus if the candidate you refer:
- has listed your name on the application as a referral source.
- is hired for a 20 hour or more regular position (prorated bonus if less than 36 hours).
- successfully completes probationary period and remains employed.
- did not previously have a resume or application on file.
- is not currently working for an affiliate of JHH or JHHS.
- has not been employed in the past 6 months by JHH or JHHS.
- is not a student in the department or working through a temporary agency for the Hospital or Health System.
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Biomedical Equipment Technician I, II & III
- Breast Mammography Tech
- Cardiovascular Rad Tech (Department of Medicine)
- Charge Description Master Coordinator
- Clinical Engineering Technician
- Clinical Social Worker (Pediatrics, Medical/Surgical Oncology)
- Coding Compliance Auditor
- CT Technologist
- Engineering Maintenance Mechanic III
- Mechanical Engineer
- MRI Tech
- Pharmacist - Many of the pharmacists as part of their jobs are expected to recruit candidates. This includes the administrative staff, preceptors, residents, clinical specialists, residency directors, etc.
- Plumbing Maintenance Mechanic
- Radiation Therapist
- Sr. Coding Compliance Auditor
- Surgical PA
- Ultrasound Tech (JH Imaging Only)
Referrals for the following IT department positions may be eligible for a $2,500 bonus or $5,000 bonus:
- Business Solutions Analyst
- Client Specialist
- ERP Business Analyst
- Interface Analyst/Developer
- IT Architect
- IT Manager
- LAN Administrator
- Network Analyst/Engineer
- Network Technician
- Programmer Analyst
- Project Lead
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
- Support Center Agent
- Systems Engineer/Administrator
- Application Coordinator (EPIC) *
- Credentialed Trainer (EPIC) *
- Instructional Designer (EPIC) *
- *If hired for the EPIC module candidate holds certification- the bonus is $5,000