Certification and Degree Programs
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) Partnership Program for General Studies
Johns Hopkins has partnered with Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) to provide hospital employees the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts degree from the college’s fully accredited general studies program.
Our third-party billing partnership allows employees to satisfy much of the prerequisite coursework required for training programs in a variety of healthcare fields. Employees may take individual courses in general studies and do not need to be in pursuit of a degree program at BCCC. The 64-to-69 credit program allows employees to also satisfy the full scope of prerequisite courses required for many careers within the healthcare industry, while earning an Associate of Arts in General Studies. Upon completion of the Associate’s degree, credits can be transferred to an upper division of a four-year college or university.
All courses are offered through BCCC and are held either on the BCCC campus or online through the college. This program is open to all benefits-eligible employees of The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation.
Courses offered as part of the program include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Terminology
- Computers for Business
- Elementary Statistics
- Physical Fitness and Health
Additional Features and Benefits
- Tuition is of no cost to you, but a grade of C or better in all courses is required to stay in the program.
- The only out of pocket expenses you are responsible for are student fees and textbooks.
- Student fees are approximately $36 to $38 per class.
- You may be eligible for a Pell grant to assist with books. You would have to apply for any grants or secondary funding on your own.
Learn More and Apply
Want more information about this program? Please contact the Office of Strategic Workforce Development by phone at 443-997-4587 or via email at [email protected].