I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Click here to learn about our Vision, Mission, Charter, Services Expected and Performance Outcomes.
The Joint Committee on Health, Safety and Environment (JCHSE) was created in 1992, consolidating all occupational safety and health related activities and compliance efforts of the Johns Hopkins Hospital and University.
The rationale for the consolidation was that Hospital and University employees work side-by-side and are exposed to common environmental hazards.
A single entity oversees the health and safety of these employees and the development of common policies and procedures used to protect them.
The Joint Committee and Department is led by Nimisha Kalia, MD, MPH, MBA, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Interim Director of the Division of Occupational Medicine, Executive Director of Health, Safety and Environment, and is Chair of The Joint Committee for Health, Safety and Environment.
- Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Baltimore City Fire Department (BCFD)
- Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Association for Assessment of Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission (MWCC)
To reach the HSE Office during business hours, call 410-955-9213. You can also send us your questions by e-mailing us at HSEInfo@jhmi.edu and we'll get back to you as soon as possible