High school students, ages 16-18, are eligible to apply as a VolunTeen.
This is a great opportunity for young people not only to contribute to their community, but also discover if a career in health care is in their future. Teens that are accepted into the program may use their volunteer hours towards their student-service learning requirements.
(10-week program) – begins the Monday after the last day of HCPPS.
- Minimum of 40 hours in order to complete the program successfully and in order to be eligible to continue volunteering throughout the school year.
- One four- hour shift per week.
- Students must be available at least nine of the 10 weeks (one week allowed for vacation).
- Due to high demand, we are no longer accepting application requests for the Summer 2020 program. Packets that have already been requested will be mailed the first full week in February.
(22-week program) – begins the 1st Monday in December.
- Minimum of 80 hours in order to complete the program successfully and in order to be eligible to continue volunteer throughout the school year and the following summer.
- One four-hour shift per week.
- Students must be available at least 20 of the 22 weeks (two weeks allowed for vacation).
- Application packets can be request by calling the Volunteer Office at 410-884-4580 ONLY during the month of July. Packets are mailed the first full week in August.
We expect our VolunTeens to take their volunteer assignment seriously, just as they would their class attendance or employment. If you are unable to meet the required time commitment, we ask that you please do not apply. Applicants who miss the deadline or who turn in incomplete packets will not be considered for the VolunTeen Program. Not all teens who receive application packets will be accepted into the program.
Do not apply online; the online application is for adults only.
For more information, please call the Volunteer Services Office at 410-884-4580.