I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Quality Care and Patient Safety
Keeping Patients Safe with Commitment to Quality Care
Mission: The mission of Johns Hopkins Home Care Group’s Quality Program is to drive patient- and family-centered safety and quality performance, eliminate preventable harm, continuously improve patient outcomes and experience, and enhance value while reducing waste.
Vision: The vision of Johns Hopkins Home Care Group’s Quality Program is to be at the forefront of deploying innovative solutions in a cost-effective manner that achieves and enhances patient and family experiences.
Goals: The goals of Johns Hopkins Home Care Group’s Quality Program are to assure safe, timely, efficient, effective, patient-centered care.
Establishing a culture of quality and safety while pursuing a journey to high reliability, Johns Hopkins Home Care Group will:
- Provide safe, quality care to patients regardless of race, gender, creed or national origin.
- Encourage high professional and customer service standards among employees and support them in developing their own skills to initiate and participate in quality improvement projects.
- Maintain licensure and accreditation, and meet the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Improve processes, services and outcomes on a continual basis, anticipating the requirements of those we serve.
- Set standards and measure performance in clinical, service and administrative areas.
- Continuously improve our processes, with the goal of exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
- Assure the integration of the emergency preparedness and business continuity plans at all levels of the organization.
- Measure performance using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Develop effective monitoring of company-specific quality indicators related to safety, effectiveness, efficiency and patient-centered care.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of specific Home Care organizational indicators related to safe care — infections, medication errors and patient satisfaction.
- Monitor Home Care shared indicators related to the continuum of care across companies — utilization record review, coordination of care, accreditation and regulatory compliance, and personnel competency.
Learn more about the Johns Hopkins Home Care Group Pillars of Excellence.
See our Service Stars Award winners.
Read and Watch the patient stories about our care.