I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Johns Hopkins Division of Hematology offers a multidisciplinary team of specialists dedicated to the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of blood diseases and disorders.
Schedule an Appointment
In order for you to be matched with an expert in the field of your diagnosis, it is necessary to have your records available to our physician reviewers prior to scheduling an appointment. Therefore, we ask that you have your referral and medical records faxed to 410-367-2372. It is important to include the following:
- a referral from your current physician
- clinical notes relevant to your diagnosis
- imaging reports including CT, MRI, ultrasound, etc.
- two sets of abnormal lab results
- other test results as applicable to your diagnosis i.e. genetic testing, bone marrow biopsies report and slides
- copy of your insurance cards
This “information gathering” is an important component of your visit. It allows the providers to examine and review relevant information before your scheduled visit. This preparation greatly speeds the development of an effective plan for medical care. If time permits, we will send you a questionnaire to fill out before your appointment.
Once the review process has been completed (7-10 working days), you will be contacted by one of our patient access specialists to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the scheduling office at 410-955-3142 at any time to inquire as to the status of your record review.
For International patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return patient appointments.
Unfortunately, our physicians cannot speak with or give medical advice to patients that are not currently under our care.
On the day of your scheduled appointment
It is important to:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials
- Bring any updated medical records including clinic notes, lab results, imaging studies, etc.
- Please call 410-955-3142 to schedule return appointments or log into MyChart and schedule online. Sign up for MyChart.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment
- Bring a copy of your insurance card(s) and a photo ID
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
We schedule our appointments weeks in advance and are usually unable to reschedule on short notice. If you must reschedule, call us at 410-955-3142 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.
We look forward to participating in your care.
Additional information and directions may be found in the following links.