I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Why does Hopkins participate in the Heart Walk?
- The American Heart Association (AHA) has awarded grants to Johns Hopkins since 1971 in the amount of $47 million over the past 38 years
- We are the largest recipient of American Heart Association research funding in the Mid-Atlantic region
- The funds you raise in Start! Heart Walk will support projects like these:
- Putting up-to-the minute research into doctor's hands so they can better prevent and treat heart disease among patients.
- Groundbreaking pediatric heart and stroke research. About 36,000 babies are born with heart defects each year- research is key to saving babies' lives.
- Getting life-saving information to those who need it most- information that can save a life, like how to eat better, how to recognize the warning sign of heart attack and how to talk to a doctor about critical health choices.
- Current Johns Hopkins leaders within the AHA, including:
- Dr. Gordon Tomaselli- National President Elect
- Charlie Reuland- Baltimore Board of Director's Chair
- Dr. Eric Aldrich- Mid- Atlantic Affiliate Board President