I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Principal Investigator: Seth Martin, M.D., M.H.S.
- Advanced Lipid Disorders Program
- Digital and Mobile Health Innovations Lab
Dr. Martin's research is focused on rapid generation of new knowledge through clinical studies that can be brought back to the bedside to directly inform the care of patients with advanced lipid disorders and those in need of state-of-the-art comprehensive CV prevention.
Very Large Database of Lipids, CASCADE FH Registry, MiCORE (Myocardial infarction, COmbined device, Recovery Enhancement), Google Health Search Trial, mActive-Smoke
For more information, please visit the Ciccarone Center.
- Roger S. Blumenthal
- Steven R. Jones
- Michael J. Blaha
- Erin D. Michos
- Wendy S. Post
- Gary Gerstenblith
- John W. McEvoy
- Chiadi E. Ndumele
- Elizabeth V. Ratchford
- M. Dominique Ashen
- Kathleen Byrne
- Josef Coresh
- Elizabeth Sevlin
- Eliseo Guallar
- Martin SS, Blaha MJ, Elshazly M, Brinton EA, Toth PT, McEvoy JW, Joshi PH, Kulkarni KR, Mize PD, Kwiterovich PO, DeFilippis AP, Blumenthal RS, Jones SR. Accuracy of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol estimation by the Friedewald equation and treatment implications. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013;62:732-9.
- Martin SS, Blaha MJ, Elshazly MB, Toth PP, Kwiterovich PO, Blumenthal RS, Jones SR. Comparison of a novel method vs the Friedewald equation for estimating low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels from the standard lipid profile. JAMA 2013;310:2061-8.
- Martin SS, Blaha MJ, Blankstein R, Agatston AS, Rivera JJ, Virani SS, Ouyang P, Jones SR, Blumenthal RS, Budoff MJ, Nasir K. Dyslipidemia, coronary artery calcium, and incident atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: implications for statin therapy from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Circulation 2014;129:77-86.
- Elshazly MB, Quispe R, Michos ED, Sniderman AD, Toth PP, Banach M, Kulkarni KR, Coresh J, Blumenthal RS, Jones SR, Martin SS. Patient-level discordance in population percentiles of the TC/HDL-C ratio compared with LDL-C and Non-HDL-C: The Very Large Database of Lipids Study (VLDL-2B). Circulation. 2015;132:667-76.
- Swiger KJ, Manalac RJ, Blumenthal RS, Blaha MJ, Martin SS. Statins and cognition: a systematic review and meta-analysis of short- and long-term cognitive effects. Mayo Clin Proc. 2013;88:1213-21.
Digital and Mobile Health:
- Khan N, Marvel FA, Wang J, Martin SS. Digital health technologies to promote lifestyle change and adherence. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2017;19(8):60.
- Plante TB, Martin SS. Wearable Technology and Long-term Weight Loss. JAMA. 2017;317(3):318-319.
- Plante TB, Urrea B, MacFarlane ZT, Blumenthal RS, Miller ER 3rd, Appel LJ, Martin SS. Validation of the Instant Blood Pressure Smartphone App. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176:700-2.
- Gandapur Y, Kianoush S, Kelli HM, Misra S, Urrea B, Blaha MJ, Graham G, Marvel FA, Martin SS. The role of mHealth for improving medication adherence in patients with cardiovascular disease: A systematic review. Eur Heart J Qual Care Clin Outcomes. 2016;2:237-244.
- Martin SS, Feldman DI, Blumenthal RS, Jones SR, Post WS, McKibben RA, Michos ED, Ndumele CE, Ratchford EV, Coresh J, Blaha MJ. mActive: A randomized clinical trial of an automated mHealth intervention for physical activity promotion. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015;4(11).