I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Development and optimization of stem cell and regenerative therapies for heart failure and myocardial infarction.
- Development of implantable bioreactors for paracrine factor production.
- Operations research modeling of clinical decisions in interventional cardiology.
- TWILIGHT Trial
- PARADISE-MI Trial
- Hwang CW, Levin AD, Jonas M, Li PH, Edelman ER. Thrombosis modulates arterial drug distribution for drug-eluting stents. Circulation. 2005 Apr 5; 111(13): 1619-1626.
- Levin AD, Jonas M, Hwang CW, Edelman ER. Local and systemic drug competition in drug-eluting stent tissue deposition properties. J Control Release. 2005 Dec 5; 109(1-3):236-43.
- Hwang CW and Edelman ER. “Principles of continuum pharmacokinetics in stent-based drug elution,” in Handbook of Drug-Eluting Stents, Serruys PW and Gershlick AH, eds. London, United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis Press, 2005: 47-56.
- Blumenthal RS, Hwang CW, Nasir K. Selective use of coronary artery calcium screening: Worth the cost? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009 Sep 29; 54(14): 1268-1270.
- Le KN, Hwang CW, Tzafriri AR, Lovich MA, Hayward A, Edelman ER. Vascular regeneration by local growth factor release is self-limited by microvascular clearance. Circulation. 2009 Jun 9; 119(22): 2928-2935.
- Hwang CW, Johnston PV, Gerstenblith G, Weiss RG, Tomaselli GF, Bogdan VE, Panigrahi A, Leszczynska A, Xia Z. Stem cell impregnated nanofiber stent sleeve for on-stent production and intravascular delivery of paracrine factors. Biomaterials. 2015 Jun; 52: 318-326.
- Galiatsatos P, Win TT, Monti J, Johnston PV, Herzog W, Trost J, Hwang CW, Fridman GY, Wang NY, Silber HA. A noninvasive hand-held device identifies elevated left ventricular filling pressure using finger photoplethysmography during the Valsalva maneuver. Am J Cardiol. 2017 Apr 1. 119(7): 1053-1060.
- Czarny MJ, Hwang CW, Naiman DQ, Lemmon CC, Hasan RK, Wang T, Aversano T. Heparin Versus Bivalirudin for Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in a Community Cohort. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 Sep 1. 90(3): 366-377.
1. US Patent 8,696,740: Implantable pressure-actuated drug delivery systems and methods of manufacture and use. Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Issued April 15, 2014.
2. US Patent 9,504,586: Methods of Manufacture and Use of Implantable Pressure-Actuated Drug Delivery Systems. Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Issued November 29, 2016.
Johnston-Hwang Lab Collaborators
- Thomas Aversano
- Tinglong Dai