Thank you for your interest in the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship Training Program at Johns Hopkins. We will accept applications for the 2021 program through the ERAS system only.
Number of positions
We expect to recruit for two positions for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The deadline to have a complete application in ERAS is Monday, September 1, 2020.
We expect to notify applicants regarding interview status in either late fall of 2020.
Offers will be extended to applicants on May 7, 2021.
Deadline for applicants to accept/decline offers will be May 10, 2021.
The following supporting documents should be submitted via the ERAS program:
- ERAS application
- Official medical school transcript
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- USMLE transcripts (all steps)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your program director. Please note: the ERAS system can accommodate up to five recommendation letters. We will not accept letters or copies of publications via fax or email.
Information for applicants on a Visa
- J-1 visas will be sponsored for applicants who are accepted into the program. Foreign medical graduates will need to have completed an ACGME-approved residency program in internal medicine in the United States prior to beginning the program. Fellows from non-ACGME-accredited programs must have at least three years of cardiovascular disease education prior to starting the fellowship.
- We are not able to sponsor H-1 visas.
We value the diversity of our institution and our division, and we welcome and encourage applications from women and under-represented minorities.
If you have any specific questions about our program, please feel free to contact our fellowship administrator Lauren Modica at firstname.lastname@example.org.