I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Clinical Research Programs
Last updated: July 2016
- National Registry of Genetically Triggered Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Cardiovascular Conditions (GenTAC)
- GeneTICS – MSSA Swabs
- Congenital Heart Surgeons’ Society (CHSS) Studies in Congenital Heart Disease
- Retrospective Review of Outcomes following Cardiac Surgical Procedures at Johns Hopkins Hospital and Washington University
- Application of Behavioral Survey for Standardization of Clinical Practice in Cardiac Surgery
- Clinical Outcomes Associated with Temporary Epicardial Pacing after Cardiac Surgery
- Tolerance of Early Extubation in Cardiac Surgery
- Nutrition Support Management in Cardiac Surgery
- Correlation of Transfusion and Postoperative Infection in the STS Registry
- Correlation of Postoperative Bleeding and Platelet Count
- Predicting Readmissions in Cardiac Surgery
- Prediction Model for Unplanned Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit (CSICU) Readmissions
- Retrospective Analysis of Patients on Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices
- Red Cell Storage Duration Study in Cardiac Surgery (RECESS)
- Biomarkers of readmission and mortality – determining if circulating biomarker levels measured in existing pre and post blood samples predict 30-day readmission and/or mortality in children with congenital heart disease.
- Pharmacokinetics of Vancomycin in Pediatric Patients Post-operative from Cardiac Surgery
- Evaluation of Warfarin Therapy after the Fontan Procedure at a Large Children’s Center
- Retrospective review evaluating associations between nadir oxygen delivery (DO2) during pediatric cardiac surgery and a biomarker of brain injury to determine a new approach of goal directed perfusion to protect brain injury during CPB.
- Comparative efficacy of iNO and inhaled epoprostenol in the perioperative management of pulmonary arterial hypertension in pediatric patients following cardiac surgery.
- Implementing Phase Of Care Mortality Analysis (POCMA) for a Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgical Population
- ECHSA (European Congenital Heart Surgeons Association) Supravalvular Aortic Stenosis Database
- Shear stress, cell trajectories, thrombosis and damage to blood in left ventricular assist devices
- Nanofiber Tissue Engineered Vascular Graft Using 3D Printing Technology
- Nanofiber tissue engineered vascular grafts for complex shapes using 3D printing technology
- Patient-specific nanofiber tissue engineered vascular graft (TEVG) to enhance the available treatments for children suffering from congenital heart disease (CHD)
- Creation of Human Cardiac Muscle from Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell using Bio-3D printer
- Novel Device for the Treatment of Heart Failure: Peristaltic Pump Created from Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell using Bio-3D printer
- Clinical Registries:
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Adult Cardiac Surgery Database
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Congenital Heart Surgery Database
- INTERMACS - Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support
- PEDIMACS – Pediatric Registry for Mechanical Assisted Circulatory Support
- Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) Registry
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium (PC4)
- An easily calculable and highly predictive risk index for postoperative renal failure after heart transplantation
- The efficacy and safety of epidural-based analgesia in a case series of patients undergoing lung transplantation
- A risk score to predict renal failure in adult patients following lung transplantation
- Preoperative performance status impacts perioperative morbidity and mortality after lung transplantation
- The survival benefit of simultaneous heart-kidney transplantation extends beyond dialysis-dependent patients
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for profound cardiogenic shock due to cocaine toxicity
- Utilization of AngioVac and snare for eradication of a mobile right atrial thrombus
- Iliac vein to right atrium bypass in a patient with a prior vena cava ligation for invasive renal cell carcinoma
- Prolonged ischemia is not associated with primary graft failure and does not impact survival following lung transplantation
- Trends, clinical outcomes, and cost implications of mitral valve repair versus replacement concomitant with aortic valve replacement
- A novel risk score to predict dysphagia following cardiac surgery procedures
- Continuous intraoperative cefazolin infusion may reduce surgical site infections during cardiac surgical procedures: a propensity-matched analysis