I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
HCM Ambulatory Clinic
- Evaluation of suspected and known HCM patients
- Coordination of testing, risk assessment and initiation of medical therapy
- Assist patients and their referring physicians make decisions regarding interventional and surgical options for HCM
- Screen family members of HCM patients
Echocardiography / Non-invasive Hemodynamics
- Standard transthoracic echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Exercise echocardiography
- Detailed hemodynamic assessment at rest and during provocation (Valsalva, Amyl Nitrite or exercise)
- Tissue Doppler and strain echocardiography to evaluate regional and global myocardial mechanics
Magnetic Resonance Imaging and MR Spectroscopy
- Detailed morphologic and functional imaging via standard, tagged and contrast enhanced MR imaging
- Evaluation of novel disease markers by MR spectroscopy
- Non-invasive assessment of coronary artery anatomy
Electrophysiology/Arrhythmia Risk Assessment:
- Evaluate risk for sudden cardiac death via clinical and non-invasive testing
- Determine need for defibrillator implantation
- Implantation of defibrillators and pacemakers
- Diagnostic coronary angiography
- Percutaneous alcohol septal ablation for obstructive HCM
- Surgical myectomy for obstructive HCM
- Valve repair
- Genetic counseling
- Screening, evaluation and management of children and young adults with HCM
To make an appointment at the Johns Hopkins Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center of Excellence, please call 443-997-0270.