I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Integrated Research Center for Fetal Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine possesses a strong research infrastructure and an interdisciplinary network of neonatology, neurology, radiology, genetics and maternal-fetal medicine investigators. This infrastructure forms a solid foundation for the Integrated Research Center for Fetal Medicine's success.
Our currently supported research includes pathophysiology of fetal brain development with intrauterine insults, ultrasound and biomarkers of fetal well-being, and biomarkers for fetal disease stratification and response to treatment, such as magnesium sulfate administration or head cooling as in cases of neuroinflammation. In line with available advancements in stem cell research, with the ultimate goal of curing genetic diseases, we run a cross-disciplinary program with international outreach, offering families the potential of future treatments for diseases that affect quality of life, as well as conditions once thought to be fatal.
- Advance world-class discovery in biomedical and health services through innovative translational research
- Derive cures for prenatally-diagnosed diseases by cutting across multiple basic science and clinical disciplines
- Recruit and train future prenatal leaders with expertise in fetal medicine to advance clinical care through research and discovery
Training: From Bench to Bedside: Research Training Course
- Curriculum and Schedule:
- Class 1: Overview of Evidence Based Medicine
- Class 2: Ethics in Medicine and Research
- Class 3: Hypothesis and Rationale Building
- Class 4: Critical Review of Medical Literature
- Class 5: Epidemiologic Study Designs
- Writing Workshop (Dr. Constance Baldwin)
- Writing Workshop (Dr. Sarah Poynton)
- Abstract 1: Sickle Cell
- Abstract 3: Fibrinolytic
- Abstracts: Writing Effectively
- Biomedical and Scientific Writing Assignment: Titles
- Biomedical Writing: Titles
- Building a Proposal
- Crafting a Dazzling CV
- Discussion Checklist
- Effective Introduction: Worksheet
- Example: Armenian Earthquake
- Example: Swedish Clinics
- Example: Swedish Data Workup
- Example: Porewater
- Example: Porewater Workup
- Guidelines: Writing and Reviewing a Research Grant
- List of Materials
- Montgomery: Writing Very Well
- Nature: DNA Double Helix
- Proposal Presentation: Worksheet
- Resources for Biomedical and Scientific Writing and Editing
- Results, Tables and Figures
- Scientific Writing Booklet
- Teaching Plan
- Writing a CV: In-Class Exercises
- Writing an Excellent Research Paper
- Writing Introduction and Discussion
- Writing Workshop Evaluation