I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Surgical Schedulers, Administrative Support Staff and Social Workers
Our Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service surgical schedulers and office staff members strengthen our team and provide tremendous support to our patients by helping to coordinate patient appointments, schedule surgery and manage administrative duties. Surgical scheduling services include:
- Meeting with patients and their loved ones in the clinic.
- Coordinating all aspects of surgical care.
- Providing patients with preoperative instructions and logistical information for the day of surgery.
- Ensuring that all preoperative labs and tests are completed.
- Being available to answer patient questions prior to surgery.
Our Scheduling and Administrative Team
- Katherine Beals, surgical coordinator
- Tanya Bedford, medical office receptionist
- Beta Clark, surgical coordinator
- Carla Griffin, administrative coordinator
- Courtney Jeffries, ambulatory care coordinator
Our social workers help with managing coordination of care after surgery and with the emotional, psychological and financial effects of cancer. These specially trained, caring mental health professionals are there to support you and your family every step of the way as you receive treatment at Johns Hopkins.
Specifically, they provide counseling to help you:
- Cope with the psychological side effects of treatment.
- Understand the health care system.
- Minimize stress.
- Balance work and life.
- Manage financial challenges.
Our Social Workers
- Meghan Perando, L.C.S.W.
- Marsha Potler, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.-C.
- Laurie Thorner, L.C.S.W.-C.
In addition to social workers, many patients seek out spiritual counseling from our chaplains and spiritual support services group. The Living with Cancer Resource Program hosts monthly events and programs designed to meet the needs of both patients and caregivers. Learn more about our support services.