The Center for Fetal Therapy provides patients and doctors with a centralized referral process. If you are caring for a patient facing a complex fetal condition that requires evaluation, please call 1-844-JH-FETAL(1-844-543-3825). This hotline will instantly connect you with one of our fetal therapy physicians to directly discuss the referral or request assistance. For patients requiring urgent evaluation, we are able to provide same-day appointments. To expedite patient scheduling, please complete our referral form and fax it, along with patient records, to 410-367-2912.
Delivering Personalized Care
At the Center for Fetal Therapy, we provide the level of care best suited to each patient and family. We offer two management options explained below.
Fetal Therapy Consultations
In cases where a patient is seeking more information or a second opinion, our physicians perform both in-person and telemedicine consultations (for out-of-state and international patients).
Co-Managed Care with Mother's Doctor
We are happy to work alongside obstetric and maternal-fetal medicine providers to diagnose and treat disease. In a co-managed care instance, a patient and her doctor work closely with our physicians to develop a comprehensive care plan for the pregnancy, delivery and transition to neonatal care. A patient is able to retain the comfort level established with her home doctor, while benefiting from the expertise of the finest fetal, neonatal and pediatric doctors in the world. Following referral, we will coordinate all aspects of care, which may include:
- Insurance authorization
- Multidisciplinary evaluation of the fetus
- Coordination of family accommodations
- Coordination of all aspects of patient care
- Coordination of specialized MRI or 3D cat scan imaging
- Social support services
- Transfer of prenatal care if delivery at Johns Hopkins Hospital is required
- Tours of Labor and Delivery, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Delivery planning
- Specialized follow-up care as appropriate