At the Johns Hopkins Center for Fetal Therapy, we partner with physicians to provide the level of care best suited to each patient and family. We offer two management options: consultations and co-managed care with the mother's doctor.
Our experts are at the forefront of research into advanced prenatal surgical techniques. We use our extensive experience performing fetal surgeries and our center-specific data to ensure the best outcome for our patients.
If you are caring for a patient facing a complex fetal condition that requires evaluation, please call 1-844-JH-FETAL (1-844-543-3825) to speak directly with one of our physicians.
For patients requiring urgent evaluation, we are able to provide same-day appointments. To expedite patient scheduling, please complete our referral form and fax it, along with patient records, to 410-367-2912.
In cases where a patient is seeking more information or a second opinion, our physicians perform both in-person and telemedicine consultations (for out-of-state and international patients).
We are happy to work alongside obstetric and maternal-fetal medicine providers to diagnose and treat disease. In a co-managed care instance, a patient and her doctor work closely with our physicians to develop a comprehensive care plan for the pregnancy, delivery and transition to neonatal care. A patient is able to maintain the established relationship with her home doctor, while benefiting from our expertise. Following referral, we will coordinate all aspects of care, which may include:
- Insurance authorization
- Multidisciplinary evaluation of the fetus
- Coordination of family accommodations
- Coordination of all aspects of patient care
- Coordination of specialized MRI or 3D cat scan imaging
- Social support services
- Transfer of prenatal care if delivery at Johns Hopkins Hospital is required
- Tours of Labor and Delivery, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Delivery planning
- Specialized follow-up care as appropriate