I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
- Skilled and mature academic gynecologic cancer surgeons who have a proven commitment to excellence in patient care, academic pursuits, and education.
- The full breadth and depth of expertise of the non-gynecologic oncologist faculty. These include medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, hepatobiliary surgeons, and gynecologic pathologists who are all experts within their respective fields.
- Faculty members who are full-time NCI scientist/investigators who bring not only a unique vision, but access and exposure to resources to which fellows are rarely exposed.
- Patient volume and mix, both of disease processes and socio-cultural demographics, such that the Fellow is fully exposed to all diseases that a Gynecologic Oncologist must be expert at managing.
An opportunity to spend "discovery" block time in one of numerous disciplines:
- Public Health
- Cancer Control and Prevention Access to Care
- Outcomes Research
- International Women's Cancer Care: focus on Developing Countries
- Health Care Financing
- Basic Laboratory Sciences
- Growth factor and bio-marker expression and oncogenesis
- Cancer immunology and vaccine development
Unique resources available at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical Institutions:
- Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
- Johns Hopkins Program in International Education in Gyn/Ob (JHPIEGO)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Accounting and Business Administration
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Proximity to the NCI
- As part of our commitment to innovation, education and patient- and family-centered care, we have recently expanded and updated our facilities. Residents, fellows and patients are directly benefiting from these advancements within the new Sheikh Zayed Tower at Johns Hopkins Hospital. With 355 private rooms, state of the art imaging, surgical technology and operating rooms and a beautiful new labor suite, the Zayed Tower offers the opportunity for enhanced educational opportunities for gynecologic oncology fellows and a modern healing environment for patients.
- The operating rooms are equipped with the most state of the art laparoscopic equipment, surgical beds and eight da Vinci surgical robotic platforms.
- NCI designated Comprehensive Cancer Center with all of the anticipated shared core-facilities, which is part of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
- Total integration of the Training Program into the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical Institutions (JHMI)-Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) Gynecology and Obstetrics universe. JHMI-GBMC has a completely integrated Residency Review Committee approved, four-year Obstetrics and Gynecology post-graduate training program extant.
- Minimal distance (9.5 miles) and travel time (20 minutes during peak traffic volume) between facilities.
- A relatively inexpensive community in which to live.
- The opportunity to participate in a formally structured and funded international health care experience.
- The cultural and geographic advantages of the Greater Baltimore-Washington area.
- The high quality of JHMI residents.