I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Osler Urban Health Internal Medicine Primary Care Leadership Track Application Process
- Firm commitment to a career in domestic primary care and urban health.
- Medical student or graduate in good standing. Only MDs who have graduated within the past three years will be considered.
- Successful completion of USMLE Step I by date of submission of application. (We do not have a minimum score requirement)
- Successful completion of USMLE Step II by the beginning date of the residency.
- Completion of a sub-internship/acting internship in medicine. (This does not need to be completed before you apply.)
- We do not offer J1 visas
- We do not offer preliminary positions
How to Apply
The Johns Hopkins Residency program participates in and interns are selected from medical school graduates through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Our NRMP Code is 1242140C1.
Application Requirements and Deadline
The ERAS post office opens on September 15. Applications must be received by the third Wednesday in October. We will not accept late applications.
We require the following items to be included in your application materials:
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- USMLE Scores (Step I with application; Step II, when available)
- At least three three letters of recommendation from faculty members who know you well. At least two should be from IM faculty members. (We do not require a letter from your Department Chairman.)
During the visit for the required personal interview, we encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with Baltimore, the current house officers, and the faculty. Applicants will have the opportunity to discuss details of the service with current house officers and faculty and to ask questions.
Our interview is not a test of a candidate's abilities. Emphasis is placed on medical school recommendations, and the interview is principally designed to introduce the applicant to the service and vice versa. Applicants may wish to bring their significant other when they visit.
We will conduct six one-day interviews on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in November and December. Second looks will be available, but they are not required. Contact the program coordinator, Jenn Jackson if you are interested in a second look.
Interview Dates 2017-2018:
- Friday, 11/10
- Friday, 11/17
- Monday, 11/20
- Wednesday, 11/29
- Friday, 12/8
- Wednesday, 12/13
- Friday, 12/15
Scheduling an Interview
Interviews are by invitation only. We will do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you; however we cannot guarantee an interview on the dates you request.
Once we have reviewed your Dean's letter, transcript and three letters of recommendation, we will invite qualified applicants for an interview with faculty and residents. Invitations to interview will be issued by email. Your invitation to interview will not include an assigned interview date. If invited, please contact our residency coordinator, Jenn Jackson at email@example.com or 410-955-7911 to schedule your interview.
Please note that we invite applicants and their significant others to dine with our residents the night before the interview day.
International Medical Graduate Applicants
H1 visas will be considered only for international graduates of United States medical schools. Due to the nature of our program, J1 visas are not accepted.