I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
GIM Fellowship: Medical Education Track
The following specific objectives are achieved by completing the JHBMC program in teaching skills, co-attending and precepting with JHBMC faculty, and attending and participating in GIM fellowship conferences.
- To be able to teach medical students, residents, fellows, physicians and other health care professionals about issues in clinical practice, clinical research and public health.
- To have a basic working knowledge of one or more of the following: epidemiological methodology, biostatistical principles, health information systems, health policy, health services research, health behaviors, disease prevention and health promotion.
- To be able to develop, implement and evaluate educational programs and/or formulate an educational research question and design and conduct a study to address that question.
- To understand the key concepts in the responsible conduct of research and be able to conduct research, including educational program evaluation, that conforms to the highest standards for the protection of human research subjects.
- To enhance clinical knowledge, skills and judgment in primary care ambulatory practice, consultative medicine and hospital medicine.
- To be able to critically appraise the medical scientific literature, including the methodology of published and proposed investigations.
- To be able to present and publish the results of one’s scholarly work.
- To identify a focus for future scholarly work, and to develop special expertise in the corresponding clinical domain and/or educational methods.
- To be able to identify potential sources of funding for medical education project or training programs and write a grant proposal according to their guidelines including HRSA, NIH and/or non-profit foundations.