I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
The Terrace Rehabilitation Unit in the Specialty Hospital Programs provides inpatient, team-based rehabilitation with the goal of improving the health, function, and well being of our patients. A team of experts works together to help patients regain function and become more independent, enabling them to return to a community setting.
Conditions treated through the program
Conditions that affect many older adults are treated at the Care Center:
- Neurologic disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Medically complex conditions
What you can expect
Typically, physicians refer patients to the unit for a condition that would improve with rehabilitation. Patients must:
- Be medically stable and able to tolerate:
- At least three hours of therapy per day for acute rehabilitation
- At least one hour of therapy per day for subacute rehabilitation
- Have a prognosis that indicates reasonable potential to return to a community setting
Physician intervention is required at least three days per week throughout the acute rehabilitation stay for at least one of the following:
- Pain management
- Medication management needed for frequent medication changes
- Cardiopulmonary management
- Complex bowel or bladder management
- Enteral or parenteral feeding for nutritional assistance
For referrals or information
To make a referral or for more information, call 410-550-7642 or visit the Terrace Rehabilitation Unit’s website.
Who we are
The program is part of the Specialty Hospital Programs, a Joint Commission-accredited facility located in Baltimore, Maryland, that offers a range of continuing care services for older adults—including inpatient rehabilitation, ventilator/respiratory care, specialized wound therapy, and complex medical care.