I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Heartburn Center offers comprehensive care for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and related disorders, ranging from diagnostic testing to treatment and ongoing management. Our services include:
- Upper endoscopy with biopsy — with advanced imaging techniques using high definition, digital (narrow band imaging, i-scan and optical enhancement) and acetic chromoendoscopy
- Laryngopharyngoscopy — a thin, lighted tube is used to examine the larynx (voice box) and pharynx (throat)
- Wireless pH testing (Bravo pH capsule)
- Esophageal pH impedance
- Esophageal manometry
- Endoscopic functional luminal imaging probe (EndoFLIP)
- Video or cine esophagram — a specialized dynamic fluoroscopic digital movie of swallowing
- Barrett’s esophagus therapies (endoscopic resection, radiofrequency ablation, cryoballoon ablation, argon plasma coagulation)
- Endoscopic cardia ligation endoscopic anti-reflux (CLEAR) procedure
- Endoscopic transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) — We are the only center in Maryland offering this therapy
- Endoscopic dilation and stenting
- Esophageal diverticulectomy
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Gastric peroral endoscopic myotomy (G-POEM)
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (esophageal POEM)
- Endoscopic transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) with hiatal hernia repair (cTIF)
- Nissen and partial fundoplication
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Paraesophageal hernia repair
- Magnetic sphincter augmentation (LINX)
- Surgical therapies for weight reduction in bariatric patients with GERD — Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Weight reduction therapies - Vertical sleeve gastroectomy with hiatal hernia repair
- Minimally invasive esophagectomy/gastrectomy
- Surgical diverticulectomy
- Laparoscopic pyloromyotomy/pyloroplasty