I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
The Johns Hopkins Hospital offers patients a wide range of services to diagnose and treat digestive disorders. We use the most advanced equipment available, and our experienced specialists will work closely with you during the entire diagnostic process.
Gastrointestinal (GI) Diagnostic Testing at Johns Hopkins
The first step to successful treatment is an accurate diagnosis. Diagnosing a digestive disorder is complex because symptoms are often nonspecific. However, our gastroenterologists are experts in their field and have years of experience diagnosing these conditions. They will work to obtain a precise diagnosis so treatment can begin.
Endoscopic testing we perform includes:
- Basic Endoscopy Services
- Advanced Endoscopy Services
- Balloon-Assisted Enteroscopy
- Endoscopic Fistula Closure
- Endoscopic Full Thickness Resection (EFTR)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Endoscopic Suturing
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Fecal Transplantation (Bacteriotherapy)
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
We also perform specialty procedures to diagnose certain gastrointestinal disorders. These tests should be performed by physicians who have extensive experience in performing them and interpreting the results. Our advanced diagnostic procedures include:
- Colon Cancer Risk Assessment
- Specialty Services
GI Treatments at Johns Hopkins
Once your diagnosis is complete, your gastroenterologist will implement your treatment plan. Your specific course of treatment will depend on many factors, and your team will choose a treatment plan that offers you the best outcome.
GI treatments we offer include:
- Dietary and Behavior Treatments
- Endoscopic Treatments
- GI Cancer Treatments
- Integrative Medicine
- Radiologic Treatments