Friday, February 19, 2021
Scholarly Writing 1: Fundamentals of Excellent Writing Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Online Details:
How can you give readers a truly enjoyable experience when they read your article? Learn the principles of effective scholarly writing, the importance of writing from the reader’s perspective, and the link between narrative writing and citation frequency. This session comprises lectures, discussion, and individual exercises.
This session is Part 1 of a 4-part training program. It is highly recommended (but not required) to register for the following sessions, as each sessions builds upon the previous session.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- structure your message clearly and effectively;
- enhance your verbal and nonverbal communication skills;
- inspire your audience to embrace and implement your ideas
- develop your personal presentation styles.
The course will help you develop several key insights:
- How do audiences perceive me?
- What are my presentation-related strengths and weaknesses?
- How can I build others' trust and confidence through my presentation style and skills?