I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
About Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) Healthcare Epidemiology and Infection Control (HEIC)
JHHS HEIC is responsible for identifying and investigating sources of infection and improving procedures and technologies to prevent future infections throughout the Johns Hopkins Health System. JHHS HEIC also advises senior leadership on issues related to regulatory requirements and pathogen risk, creates and maintains appropriate policies, and develops educational programs for all Johns Hopkins physicians, employees and trainees.
JHHS HEIC strives to eliminate healthcare-associated infections through:
- Cutting-edge interventions that keep patients and healthcare workers safe.
- Setting the standard in healthcare facilities at home and abroad through evidence-based practices and policies.
- Educating our healthcare colleagues and patients on their roles in preventing infections.
- Combating antimicrobial resistance by providing leadership on the proper stewardship of these critical resources.
- Transparent reporting of healthcare-associated infections and accountability for patient safety and quality results..
- Responding to new challenges both locally and internationally.
- Sharing discoveries to improve the quality of care around the world.