I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Krames and KidsHealth HealthSheets
Many of our health care providers have identified a need to upgrade our educational materials provided to patients after an appointment, during a hospital stay or upon hospital discharge. ExitCare materials have been replaced by a more robust education provider called Krames HealthSheets everywhere that Epic is live throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine, including:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Howard County General Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Hospital ambulatory clinics and Emergency Departments
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Patient- and Family-Centered Education Steering Committee, which includes representatives from across the health system, selected this vendor after an extensive review process.
Krames’ patient education materials, including pediatric-specific information from KidsHealth, provide:
- Concise and accurate content from trusted sources, including government institutions, medical journals and scientific sessions
- Easily accessible educational materials right from Epic integrated within the after-visit summary, during a hospital stay or in discharge documents
- All content available in English and Spanish, with select materials available in:
- Easy readability: written in compliance with the best practices of health literacy
- Up-to-date information that is reviewed and revised regularly
Access to patient education in Epic will remain the same.
Krames and KidsHealth patient education materials are available in MyChart throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Tips & Tricks: Read instructions on how to embed Krames into discharge documents and how to print materials during an inpatient stay.