Online education and trainings via myLearning:
- Unconscious Bias Awareness - Standalone - Provides an introduction to unconscious bias and the knowledge and skills necessary to raise one’s own awareness.
- Mitigating Unconscious Bias Series - The following performance support tools are designed to provide continuous reinforcement of the skills learned in the Unconscious Bias Awareness – Standalone training. They contain a series of animated videos and companion guides that can be used as a “priming mechanism” – a just-in-time reminder of the importance of mitigating bias – prior to engaging in key talent management decisions.
- Transgender 101- This course is designed to provide all staff members with both fundamental cultural competency knowledge about the transgender population as well as specific language to use to demonstrate respect and inclusion with patients, families, and co-workers.
Other online education trainings via myLearning:
- Epic | JHM | Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Documentation in Epic | E-Learning- Provides an overview of how patients can voluntarily self-report their sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) data in the Epic Welcome module on self-registration kiosks throughout the health system. The course also teaches clinicians and non-clinicians how to document SOGI data in Epic’s Demographics and SOGI SmartForm sections.
NOTE: These options will become available during an upcoming Epic upgrade to be announced.
- JHHC | Cultural Sensitivity Online Training- This interactive course introduces cultural sensitivity through changes in national, state, and local demographics, key definitions and concepts related to culture (race/ethnicity, language, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation), social determinants of health, health literacy, and unconscious bias and their impact on health and healthcare disparities and health equity. Strategies for addressing disparities, unconscious bias, and improving patient-provider communication are also provided.
External online education and training:
- JHM Unconscious Bias Collection (via LinkedIn Learning)-
Target audience: Staff
We all have unconscious bias toward someone or something. Learn the reasons, the impact, and the solutions. Includes one course and 5 videos:
- Unconscious Bias Course
- Video: Understand unconscious bias in hiring
- Video: Why unconscious bias matters to business Video: What is unconscious bias?
- Video: Implicit associations and unconscious bias
- Video: How to counter bias
- ThinkCulturalHealth- Free, continuing education e-learning programs offered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health to help health care professionals provide culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS). Programs are available for the following disciplines:
- Behavioral Health*
- Communication Guide
- Disaster and Emergency Management Personnel*
- Oral Health*
- Promotores de Salud and Community Health Workers