Find a Doctor
Find a ResearcherResearchers
Alyssa Maria Parian, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Clostridium Difficile, Crohn's Disease, Fecal Microbiota Transplantation, Gastroenterology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Microscopic colitis, Proctitis, Ulcerative Colitis ...read more
Inflammatory bowel disease associated cancers; IBD clinical trials; IBD extra intestinal manifestations; Anemia in IBD; Preventative care in IBD; Women's health in IBD ...read more
Request an AppointmentInsurance Information
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Joppa Concourse Suite 205 Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Dr. Alyssa Parian received her Internal Medicine training at New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell in New York City. Her Gastroenterology training was completed at Johns Hopkins Hospital. During her Gastroenterology fellowship, she pursued a special interest in inflammatory bowel diseases and specializes in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Dr. Parian has a busy clinical practice of IBD patients for whom she manages their immunosuppressant medications, coordinates their infusions and performs regular surveillance colonoscopies with chromoendoscopy for colorectal cancer prevention.
Dr. Parian’s research focuses on dysplasia and colon cancer in IBD patients and emerging endoscopic technologies for the treatment of IBD and IBD complications. She has presented three oral presentations on her research at Digestive Disease Week and numerous poster presentations. She works closely with basic scientists to discover early markers of dysplasia.
Dr. Parian also is passionate about teaching and is engaged in the education of the medical students, residents and fellows. She frequently moderates resident morning report and presents noon lectures to the residents. She is involved in small group learning of GI illnesses in the medical school and teaches history and physical exam skills to the medical students. She has been invited to give multiple lectures locally as well as nationally on her research and inflammatory bowel disease.
- MD, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School (2008)
- New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Med Center / Internal Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
Research & Publications
Lab Website: Alyssa Parian Lab
Activities & Honors
- Arnold P Gold Foundation Award, 2005
- Columbian Society Scholarship, 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2008
- Assistant Chief Resident, 2011
- Investing in Future: Clinical Research in IBD, 2013
- ACG, 2009
- AGA, 2009
- CCFA, 2011