Find a Doctor
Find a ResearcherResearchers
Frances Jane Meyer, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, English
Dr. Frances Meyer is an assistant professor of medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Applying her background in both cognitive and procedural medicine, Dr. Meyer sees patients at the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center and provides oversight and support for the GI division’s fellow’s clinic, with a primary vision and goal to help mentor and teach the next generation of physicians who will serve our patient population.
Dr. Meyer joined Johns Hopkins from the University of Iowa, where she served as an associate professor of clinical medicine. She was also an academic faculty member at the Iowa City Department of Veteran’s Affairs Health Care System, an affiliate of the University of Iowa.
Dr. Meyer completed her fellowship in the Division of Gastroenterology at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. Here, she went on to serve as a faculty member for 13 years, prior to her move to the University of Iowa.
She earned her medical degree from State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine in Brooklyn, New York, and completed her internship and residency programs at what is now New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- MD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine (1985)
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1988)
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center / Gastroenterology (1991)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1988)